Opika Restaurant One Utama



Since I was boring on my birthday night so I make a call to RebeccaSaw  to ask for a good place to eat. I did asked her on tips for a nice place that serve a nice food that is good for me to celebrate my own birthday even I am not celebrating it with anyone special. She suggestted a restaurant that located in One Utama shopping mall, Opika Restaurant.




Since she was there at that time just finished her gym workout at Celebrity Fitness, so I have invited her to join me for my dinner. We meet up at the Lavender bread house after waiting her to change up her cloth. Then she bring me to  the restaurant that is located at Old Wing side of the One Utama. This restaurant is quite new in town, so there are still a lot of empty space that they havent fully utilize. They also provide organics goods such as juice and brown sugar. 



The interesting part about their restaurant is their kitchen windows is transparent to customers. So customers can watch how their food being prepared by their young and talented chef. The service here is quite good for me and they are very polite to their customer.




Opika restaurant is an organic restaurant that serve food from organic product such as meat, chicken and also fish. According to waitress there, soon there will a lot more new menu coming in such as duck.



Since this is our first time being here, so we go out for the best and order the specialty in the current menu. So the waitress there suggested us to try out their Nasi Ulam With Percik Chicken (RM30) for our main course and we added Swedish Style Meatball With Mashed Potato (RM28) as backup. =P


Nasi Ulam is not disappointing me in term of the taste. I have tasted nasi ulam that made by my mom before, yes this one is very similar what I had tasted before. You can taste all the ingredient and ulam  in there. A perfect combination with the Percik Chicken where the gravy for the percik is not overshadowing the taste of the Nasi Ulam. I enjoy until the plate is clean. Hehe.



If you have tasted IKEA Meatball before, you will expect that this one have same taste since it is from the same country, Sweden. But I didn't pay RM28 for nothing, yes the meat taste better than Ikea meatball and the gravy is much better from what we had in IKEA. According to RebeccaSaw, the meatball a bit salty but its work well for. Different people, different taste I guess.


Of course since today is my birthday for sure I want at least a slice of cake even though there no candle on in(Sobs!). I have choose the Green Tea Adzuki Roll (RM8) for the desserts.



The taste as quite not bad for me since it is not too creamy and the cake is not too sweet since I cant eat sweet thing too much. Of course all the portion I have shared with RebeccaSaw since our stomach is not "Perut Tong" and we   dont eat that much.

Its worth my time to come here. If you guys wanna go there and try out their food, check out below details.

Opika Organic Market & Restaurant,
LG 105-106, 1 Utama (Old Wing).
Tel: 03-7732-2581


Thanks again RebeccaSaw for your time and I really appreciate it. You guys should check out her blog to read her experience on foods. If I am not mistaken, she is currently running a contest and the prize is a weekend stay at Ritz-Carlton Hotel. So what are you guys waiting for, rush now to her blog.

Oh Yes! Happy Birthday to me on 17th Feb.. =)

Geezz..I am not good with english after all. Everything is broken. Failed =P

29 comments:

JO said...

happy birthday Pak Lan !
btw , i spot broken english LOL hehe

Wadi AR said...

same ngn member aku la. meh dtg mekdi bangi aku belanje. semoga panjang umo dan murah rezeki. kawen jemput aku

Eyeme said...

happy birthday paklan..

luckily there is google translate. jenoh aku nak translate..ekekekke..

SyAfaWaNi ♥‿♥ said...

suma makanan nampak sedap =D

happy belated birthday Paklan =D
I wish that your day was filled with fun, laughter and merriment.

Anonymous said...

dah janji nk wish pjg2 kan? ok meh sini nak ucap...
HB! hahahhaha pjg tak?

paNavia said...

Happy belated birthday paklan.
Moga bertemu teman sekatil, sebantal, segebar, sekelambu apabila tiba masanya :)

Akulah Pak Lan said...

Joanna: thanks. Didnt use english to write for quite sometimes.

Akulah Pak Lan said...

Wadi: ok roger aku walaupun aku dah lama x mkn mcd

Akulah Pak Lan said...

Eyeme: thanks. Haha padan muka

Akulah Pak Lan said...

Syafa: u should try it someday

Akulah Pak Lan said...

Zoey: amboi panjangnya. Thanks

Akulah Pak Lan said...

Panavia: wish yang gaNas. Thanks

Rebecca Saw said...

aiyo memang broken!! heheh
Good review! not bad not bad! :D

Nava K said...

Looks like good try out to this place and all of those food looks really good, what more healthy being organic. I have not heard of this place before but sure if I hit at One Utama, will venture here. Great photograph and the desserts seems on top of the world.

NAZ said...

your english not bad. because u bad boy too haha selamat hari lahir lan :)

Unknown said...

happy belated befday paklan! lain kali ajk la i. hakhak

Munn Jaafar said...

ok je tuh english hg..aku lg xda confident nk buat full entry in english.rojak2 can la...keh3

awet muda..smbut bday kat tempat sihat dgn makanan sihat =)

Akulah Pak Lan said...

Rebecca: haha i told u already that i am not good enuf with english

Akulah Pak Lan said...

Nava: yeah.. In term of taste it is good. But when u check out the price, it is a bit pricy due to organics thing that they used. But still it worth to pay the price for the food

Akulah Pak Lan said...

Naz: i just a little bit noty u know haha

Akulah Pak Lan said...

Ezan: i ajak u belanja aci?

Akulah Pak Lan said...

Munna: sekali sekala nak try ber BI

Anonymous said...

happy bsday.amboi..nape mcm terliur ja eh? hahaha...

Fyqa said...

good try !
drpd fyqa. xbrani nk buat entry full english neh.

mewahnya tempat

:D

Namee Roslan said...

kau rapat dengan rebecca tu ke ? aku macam familiar je nama dia. dia yg innity ke adverlets eh ??

Akulah Pak Lan said...

Zoey: kali ni paklan plak buat entry pasal makanan

Akulah Pak Lan said...

Fyqa: celebrate birthday sendiri tanpa org tersyg, so kena manja kan diri

Akulah Pak Lan said...

Namee: aku dah explain smlm kan..

Hanie Dew said...

macma menarik je part organik tu. ko tau la kan skrg ni makanan byk menjadi sebb penyakit pelik pelik muncul.jd lebih baik back to basic where everything is pure and natural.